Development of Air Warfare
- 30 June 1910
- Glenn Curtiss drops dummy bombs on a battle-ship shaped target on
- 20 August 1910
- Two shots are fired with a rifle from a Curtiss biplane at a ground
target, by Jacob A. Fickel.
- 7 January 1911
- Myron S. Crissy drops a live bomb on a dummy target near San Fransisco.
- Februari 1911
- The John Moisant flying circus makes reconaissance flights for the
- October 1911
- Bombardment of Tripoli.
- 7 June 1912
- A Lewis machine gun is tried on an US Army Wright B biplane.
- 8 February 1913
- Fort Bezhani is bombed.
- Exchange of pistol shots over Mexico by two single-engined biplanes,
piloted by Phil Rader and Dean I. Lamb.
- 30 May 1913
- Flying for the Mexican rebel Carranza, Didier Masson drops light
bombs near a number of Mexican gunboats.
- 27 July 1914
- A short tractor seaplane drops a 14 inch naval torpedo.
- August 1914
- A Royal Flying Corps pilot in France discharges his revolver at a
- 23 August 1913
- French aircraft bomb Mullheim in Germany.
- 8 September 1914
- First aerial victory for a Russian aircraft, when captain P. N.
Nesterov, in an unarmed Morane-Saulnier M, rammed an Austrian
aircraft. He was killed in the process.
- 5 October 1914
- A Voisin III biplane bomber shoots down a German Aviatik reconaissance
aircraft with a Hotchkiss machine gun. This was the first conventional air-to-air kill.
- 24 December 1914
- A German 'Taube' monoplane flown by Leutnant Caspar drops the first bomb on British soil.
Article List . Sites of Interest